[geocentrism] Re: Size of the universe

  • From: "Niemann, Nicholas K." <NNiemann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 19:30:58 -0500

Neville,
Below are a couple of comments on your updated paper:
1. I read your quoted passages from Gen 7 about the Flood quited
differently.  It seems to read more clearly that God is saying in 7
days, I'll cause the 40 days to begin.  Then, after the 7 days, he both
opened the windows of heaven and the fountains, with the result that
immediately that day the flood waters were upon the earth.  I don't see
at all your reading that there is a 7 day lag during which the water
traversed the universe to get to earth.

2. Have you looked at an original Hebrew text and asked a Hebrew scholar
to test your conclusion. This is a time when an english translation with
punctuation and sentence structure might make a lot of difference to so
fine a point.

3. At the beginning of the paper you conclude that it follows from
Scripture that it will always be impossible for us to actually measure
the size of the physical universe, but then you go on to do exactly that
and conclude with far more than an estimate.  94,000 kilometers is
pretty precise measure.  So, aren't you contradicting Scripture.

Regards,
Nick.