[geocentrism] Re: Question begging

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:46:27 +0000 (GMT)

Robert B
Just two comments in my customary teal.

Hi PD,
It is entirely irrelevant whether the Earth rotates or not, or revolves or not
(except as discussed in my exchange with Martin S).
The subject is satellite periods as predicted in the GS – geostatic – system.
That means the Earth does not move. ‘Does not move’ includes ‘does not rotate’
and ‘does not revolve’. No Robert, you are confused. The subject was, at my
instigation so I know, the orderly progression of satellite orbits in a
heliocentric system vs the chaotic progression in the geocentric system. Now it
is true that I had only two geocentric points to plot on my graph and that a
curve cannot be defined with just two points. But since there was no reference
I could find describing the geocentric position and you declined my request for
data/formula(e), it was the best I could do. That the Earth does not move as
you claim or that the Earth does move as most others claim, is, as I pointed
out (see above) irrelevant. The calculation will return the same numbers
regardless. You were the one who raised the matter of motion or the lack of it.
See my post "From Paul Deema Thu Mar 22 09:25:45 2007"
 comment 2.
See Aristotle …. Again.
New homework. Research the meaning of geostatic – geocentrism in the strict
sense.
….In passing, I note that "In mathematics, probabilities always lie between
zero and one." (Emphasis added).
The probability of an event is generally represented as a real number between 0
and 1, inclusive. (Omission now included and underlined) Isn't this amending
the reference so as to support your contention? (I'm assuming you corrected
this "omission" yourself? I would find the coincidence of someone else having
so fortuitously done so, quite remarkable). Either way it was unnecessary, as I
understand the position. I simply remarked "... in passing ..." ie a trivial
point.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_theory
A probability is a number from 0 to 1. If we assign a probability of 0 to an
event, this indicates that this event never will occur. A probability of 1
attached to a particular event indicates that this event always will occur.
http://www-math.bgsu.edu/~albert/m115/probability/interp.html
A contradiction consists of a logical incompatibility between two or more
propositions. It occurs when the propositions, taken together, yield two
conclusions which form the logical inversions of each other.
Aristotle’s law of noncontradiction states that "One cannot say of something
that it is and that it is not in the same respect and at the same time."
Robert and non-Robert