[geocentrism] Re: Photographic images

  • From: "Bob Davidson" <Jesus4me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:53:43 -0500

Neville,

Does the "heaven above" refer to things outside the Universe, things in the
Universe, or both?  If we are not to make images of things in the starry
heaven, then we cannot make images of the planets, stars, moons, etc., and I
would think that we must not make anything that would cause an image to be
made, such as a reflector telescope.  Even microscopes, eyeglasses,
binoculars, and the like should be banned since they all produce likenesses
of objects on our retinas.  Where does this end?  If I make an engineering
drawing of anything at all, that is a graven image of something that is in
the earth beneath.  I really think these commands are all prefaces to His
command in Exodus 20:5 not to worship or serve them.  Otherwise, virtually
everything produced by the hands of mankind is a graven image or likeness of
one sort or another ("[there is] no new [thing] under the sun." Eccl 1:9)
and we are left gathering sticks and clothing ourselves with animal skins.

In His Service (really),

Bob