[geocentrism] Photographic images

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:52:27 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Jack,

Regarding the taking and keeping of photographic images of living creatures,
the initial Scriptures I would consider are:
(Exo 20:4 KJV) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness
of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that
is in the water under the earth:

(Deu 4:23 KJV) Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the
LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the
likeness of any thing, which the LORD thy God hath forbidden thee.(Deu 4:24
KJV) For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.(Deu 4:25
KJV) When thou shalt beget children, and children's children, and ye shall have
remained long in the land, and shall corrupt yourselves, and make a graven
image, or the likeness of any thing, and shall do evil in the sight of the LORD
thy God, to provoke him to anger:

(Deu 5:8 KJV) Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any
thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in
the waters beneath the earth:

It is therefore clear that God does not want any likeness of any living thing
to be made. A photograph of a living thing is certainly a likeness. Why, then,
would you want to make one?

Is it for ?memories?? If so, consider,

16This is what the LORD says-- he who made a way through the sea, a path
through the mighty waters, 17who drew out the chariots and horses, the army and
reinforcements together, and they lay there, never to rise again, extinguished,
snuffed out like a wick: 18"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
- NIV

Is the person in the image a loved one? Do you know them? If so, then what do
you know? Their body, which is changing every second as cells are being
replaced with new ones, or their spirit? Consider,

(John 6:63 KJV) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:
the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

This is a brief summary of my reasoning on photographic images of living
creatures. I hope that it makes my position and thinking on the subject clearer.

Yours in Christ,