[geocentrism] Re: Knowledge is NOT intelligence.

  • From: geocentric@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:53:25 +0100

Dear Philip,

If there is an aether that has some sort of physical reality then it
must create drag fror objects moving relative to it.  Analogies are only
good at describing something, they prove nothing whatsoever and often
break down when pushed too far.  Your record analogy is useful here.  If
the whole universe were rigid your aether theory would be plausible.
This sort of rigid (or elastic) aether seemed to be what you were
saying.  But binary stars move very rapidly relative to the rest of the
universe.  Your analogy with electrons is not so useful, why electrons
stayed put in their orbits was a mystery to classical physics.  Quantum
physics explains it (if you can call quantum physics an explanation).  I
never got the impression though that binary stars are the "electrons" of
your aether.

Your thoughts on the aether, with no physical existence, and it's
shaping itself around matter, sound more and more like curved spacetime.
    Why don't you check out some articles here:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/

Regards,
Mike.