[geocentrism] Re: Is geocentrism supported by facts? (Supplementary)

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 04:02:42 +0000 (GMT)

Neville J
Well we seem to have some common ground now. Are you reading this Allen?
Polaris, when considering the rotation about the ecliptic axis, is just another
star. The path to Polaris will define a cone of 47 degrees centred on the
ecliptic axis.
Now to the celestial coordinate system -- yes it works well but of course it is
only an artifact. It is just an agreed set of markers which make it possible
for one man to be understood by another man when he describes where to look to
see a comet etc. It may well be the best system possible for man discussing day
to day events but even in this time frame, there are many other ways this could
have been achieved. As a child, I pondered latitude and longitude, and wondered
why longitude was not similar to latitude in consisting of a succession of
rings on parallel planes. It would have worked, but later I realised that there
were advantages to having longitude composed of circles which intersected on a
common line -- the axis of rotation.
Bottom line here is that systems devised by man for man revolve around the time
frame or some other consideration in which they will have the greatest utility.
If the time frame of greatest utility were to have an annual frequency rather
than daily, then a system based on the ecliptic pole could well be more
efficient. Horses for courses! And of course there is no reason why both should
not exist simultaneously, the system used for a given task being the one in
which calculations are more easily carried out. Inter planetary navigation I
feel sure would be much more likely to use a system based on the ecliptic as
this allows the location of the home world to be defined with only two
parameters rather than the three and the location of other planets vary only
slightly from the earth referenced ecliptic plan. I noticed in a post from
Philip M -- isn't he a terrier in the research arena? -- a reference to an
ecliptic which was based on the momentum of all
 the planets in the solar system. I can see where this would have utility. And
of course that would be entirely an artifact, but still potentially just as
useful as any other reference system, and complete with its very own set of
ecliptic poles!
Paul D