[geocentrism] Re: 2 Axes of rotation - drawing

  • From: j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 15:30:03 -0800 (PST)

Jack,

  I think your drawing has captured it all, exactly. The green circles could
also be described as the camera location at 4 different points of the year
(following the 24hour path), while trying to record a yearly circle, and if you
look at it that way, you'll see why no annual circle can be recorded....you've
moved around the same axis as the nightly.... therfeore you'll have only
recorded the nightly. The red lines show where you would like for your camera
to be, in order to record an annual circle (because the path is perpendicular
to the axis), except that those points only exist along a 23hour 56minute path,
and as shown in a drawing that Allen did, there is no rotation of the camera on
those paths, so no annual circle can be recorded there either. This is why I
have dropped out from those supporting this proof. Since the mechanics involved
make it impossible to record anything other than a nightly trail, the lack of a
yearly trail in recordings is not proof of anything.

  JA...

Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Dear All,
  This is my attempt to explain more graphically Neville's last drawing showing
the  two axes of rotation.

  1    The green circles are a fixed spot on the world shown in four different
positions traversing the ecliptic path. The NEP is perpendicular to the grey
ecliptic plane. This illustrates the world's 24 hour rotation. I have tried to
take great care to get the geometry correct within the limitations of my
drawing software.
  2    The green circles also represent the world traversing its annual orbit
about the NCP. These are shown as red ellipses. The NEP, according to my
drawing geometry, also traverses the NCP.

  Since there are two rotations happening simultaneously but at very different
velocities the illustration can only show an NCP rotation (red ellipses)
extrapolated for a whole year. I value comments by all as to whether I have
understood the problem or not. I do have a series of 12 illustrations, similar
to the one below, showing the position of the ecliptic plane every 30 degrees
about the NCP.

  Jack Lewis
www.classiccarartist.co.uk

PNG image