[geocentrism] 2 Axes of rotation - drawing

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:38:08 -0000

Dear All,
This is my attempt to explain more graphically Neville's last drawing showing
the  two axes of rotation.

1    The green circles are a fixed spot on the world shown in four different
positions traversing the ecliptic path. The NEP is perpendicular to the grey
ecliptic plane. This illustrates the world's 24 hour rotation. I have tried to
take great care to get the geometry correct within the limitations of my
drawing software.
2    The green circles also represent the world traversing its annual orbit
about the NCP. These are shown as red ellipses. The NEP, according to my
drawing geometry, also traverses the NCP.

Since there are two rotations happening simultaneously but at very different
velocities the illustration can only show an NCP rotation (red ellipses)
extrapolated for a whole year. I value comments by all as to whether I have
understood the problem or not. I do have a series of 12 illustrations, similar
to the one below, showing the position of the ecliptic plane every 30 degrees
about the NCP.

Jack Lewis
www.classiccarartist.co.uk

PNG image