[GeoStL] Re: deleted logs

  • From: Sarah Chisholm <sarah_cf30@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 19:52:51 -0800 (PST)

Were you aware that you can "dip" your personal TB/geocoin into caches you have
previously visited and then delete the log yourself? This will NOT remove the
mileage and will keep from "cluttering" other cachers cache pages with "dip for
mileage" type logs. Actually this is probably why your logs were deleted by
those cachers. But as I mentioned before: doing this does NOT delete the
mileage you have put on your TB/geocoin and it does not eliminate the "history"
of the coin visiting the cache - just go to any cache you have dipped your TB
into where the log was deleted and click on the "See History" link on the right
side of the page under "Inventory". Your bug will show up there as having
visited the cache. Personally, if I "dip" my personal mileage coin into a cache
because I forgot to do so when logging the cache (which I do on occasion) I
always delete the extra log. Oh, and BTW, when "dipping" a coin into a
previously visited cache, log it on the
 same date you previously visited the cache. :-)

Cheers, Sarah

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 19:44:54 -0600
From: jemertz@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you were logging a second find, I could understand having your logs deleted
(and they should all be, by the owner or by you), but so long as the find has
already been recorded, you should be able to post a note to drop a bug, and I
don't think many cache owners would have a problem with that. Just don't record
a second find on a cache that you have already logged. Also be sure to mention
in your note what you are doing and why... and after today's listserv topics,
probably include a joke or three.

-Jon

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by
today!