[GeoStL] Re: deleted logs

  • From: Jack Anderson <pandyandy3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 20:05:42 -0800 (PST)

I saw your TB dip into one of my caches that has been archived and I first
thought "What the He-- is going on here."  Then I did another read of the log
and saw the old date and it kicked in what you were doing.  Maybe some of the
ones that deleted your logs just did not fully realize what it was you were
doing.  I though it was fine once I understood but I did have to do a double
take on it.  A little bit more explanation would have maybe kept them from
deleting them.

thejones crew <shitsngrins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       .hmmessage P  {
margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    I only dipped  by writing a note. Even when we visit a
cache for a second time I only write a note. I stated in each note that it was
a TB dip for personal miles. I do appreciate you all answering, I just wanted
to make sure I didn't violate some 'major rule'.

---------------------------------
  Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 19:44:54 -0600
From: jemertz@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: deleted logs

If you were logging a second find, I could understand having your logs deleted
(and they should all be, by the owner or by you), but so long as the find has
already been recorded, you should be able to post a note to drop a bug, and I
don't think many cache owners would have a problem with that. Just don't record
a second find on a cache that you have already logged. Also be sure to mention
in your note what you are doing and why... and after today's listserv topics,
probably include a joke or three.

-Jon

  Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by
today!