[GeoStL] Re: CSx60 vs Cx60 vs CSx76

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:50:45 -0500

-
The "S" (Sensors) isn't really worth it unless you want a more accurate
reading on your Altimeter. A non BA (Barometric Altimeter) device will use
the Satellites to figure out your altitude. Sad thing is, I can be on top of
a peak and it will move from 11,220 feet to 11,266 feet and jump all around
without me moving. A GPS with BA will not do that and will be accurate
within a few feet. I have used the BA maybe 3 times. Certainly not enough to
justify it.

The compass is a piece of, well, you know.. The only good thing about it is
that it points in the right direction 70% of the time. I use my GPS with the
compass turned off for the most part.

I have the older MAP 76s (Not Color) and I like some of the features about
it. It has a larger screen and has a few unique features like it floats in
water and has great altitude plotting software. I like the buttons on it
too. The 60 Cx has the advantage if your main purpose is geocaching and
auto-routing. My 76 does not have auto routing. Thats the biggest
difference.

Mike

Tired of Spam??
Here's your solution..
See: http://www.spamarrest.com/affl?4001050

"Guys, the red thingy is heading for the green thingy. I think the green
thingy is us."
   - Guy, from Galaxy Quest...