[gawlerites] Re: The Gawler diet and our new oncologist

  • From: Patti Idolo <patti_i@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gawler rites <gawlerites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 11:49:04 +0000

Hi Bruce and Debbie,

I don't know any of the oncologists you mentioned, so can't help you there.

As far as the diet is concerned, I think it is worthwhile continuing as it has
given a lot of people good results, including myself.  Maybe you can ring the
Gawler foundation to discuss or come to the Support group in Burwood and talk
to Robyn Jones, she is very helpful with all matters and has lots of great
ideas.

Not sure if you know of Professor Avni Sali, myself and a few other Gawler
people have been to see him.  Prof Sali is a doctor and associated with the
Gawler Foundation.  He provides a comprehensive diet and supplement list for
cancer patients and knows a lot of the oncologists in Melbourne. His number is
9455 2577, 28 Bell St Heilderberg Heights.

Please feel free to ring me if you want to know anything further - 9636 3262.

regards,

patti

From: moo-man@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: gawlerites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gawlerites] The Gawler diet and our new oncologist
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 19:10:25 +1000

Hi Guys,

This is just a general query to see if anyone has had any success with the
diets and meditation so far.

Debbie meditates daily and has been sticking to the diet reasonably well (at
least 98% - she misses the occasional juice), but all her markers have been
going up and her recent PET and CT scans show she has numerous instances of new
growth along with additional growth in her previous tumours. As a result, she
will be starting her second batch of chemo soon (this time using Caelyx).

As such, the diet and meditation do not appear to be working for Deb so I guess
I am asking, is it worth continuing? Deb wants to but she is now down to 49kg
so I am worried.

Also, we have been dissatisfied with our oncologist for some time (Geraldine
Goss) so we sought a second opinion from Patti's oncologist and he referred us
to a Prof. Michael Leyden at Maroondah hospital. We have now seen him twice and
he seems OK, but I am worried about 'changing ships during a storm'
particularly since we actually had a small ray of sunshine last Wednesday when
Goss was away for our clinic and the head of oncology at Monash, Peter Briggs,
saw us instead.

He seemed far more competent that Goss and it was actually he that recommended
the CT scan and Caelyx so maybe things are turning at Monash. This, however,
leaves us with a very difficult, and potentially life changing decision as to
whether to change oncologists or not. We can't keep having a foot in both camps
now that Deb is about to start chemo again.

As such, I would appreciate any advice if you know of these oncologists, or the
chemo day ward at Maroondah hospital etc.

TIA.

Cheers,

Bruce
View photos of singles in your area Click Here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fdating%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fsearch%2Fsearch%2Easpx%3Fexec%3Dgo%26tp%3Dq%26gc%3D2%26tr%3D1%26lage%3D18%26uage%3D55%26cl%3D14%26sl%3D0%26dist%3D50%26po%3D1%26do%3D2%26trackingid%3D1046138%26r2s%3D1&_t=773166090&_r=Hotmail_Endtext&_m=EXT