[gameprogrammer] Re: TCP/IP Problem: NAT

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 14:17:40 -0600

On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 13:51, Mando Escamilla wrote:
> Where are these classes offered?  Are they online classes, or
> traditional classroom classes?  If traditional, would they happen to
> be offered anywhere around Austin, TX? :)

They are traditional classroom classes offered by Austin Community
College. I teach them at the ACC building across the parking lot from
the Highland Mall in northern Austin.

ACC has established a certificate program in game development. It is
working with all the game companies in Austin. You can find out more at:
http://www.austincc.edu/techcert/Video_Games.html and look at course
schedules at: http://www3.austincc.edu/schedule/wcell/cegam.htm

Not that I've ever met these guys, but the board of advisers for the
program is pretty impressive:

Rich Vogel
Sony Online Entertainment
Gordon Walton
Sony Online Entertainment
Warren Spector
Independent
Richard Garriott
NCSoft
Aaron Thibault
UT IC2
Craig Fryar
Online Alchemy
Bill Louden
Independent
Craig Galley
Inevitable
Robin McShaffry
Mary-Margaret.com
Billy Cain
Critical Mass Interactive
Paul Trowe
Pulse Interactive
Chris Sherman
Austin Game Initiative
Ariel Comstock
Austin Game Developers

They work with ACC to make sure the classes are relevant to their
businesses.

I'd love to have you in my class next time it is taught.

                        Bob Pendleton

+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ blog:  www.Stonewolf.net             +
+ web:   www.GameProgrammer.com        +