[gameprogrammer] Re: Survey!!!!

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:40:54 -0500

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 08:41 -0700, joshua jones wrote:
> Would you pay a fee to go to a sort of LAN/online gaming palace, where
> there is nothing but games wall to wall...console, and PC all
> connected wirelessly with High-Speed internet acess, and occaisional
> pay to enter tournaments with prizes? And also what would you feel
> would be a reasonable price to pay to play for a full day???

I spent quite a while looking into this business model and couldn't
figure out how to make it work. I have seen some articles indicating
that the way to go is to provide areas with a playstation or xbox, a big
screen tv, and one real comfy chair for each controller. The idea is to
provide the living room everyone really wants.

It has been tried several times here in Austin, it has never seemed to
last very long. The trouble is that it is just too easy to set up a
little switch and do a lan party were you are using your own computers.
Hey, I know folks who keep a PC, a switch, and a bunch of cables, in the
trunk of their car just in case they need it.

                Bob Pendleton

> http://mail.yahoo.com

+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ web: www.GameProgrammer.com          +
+ www.Wise2Food.com                    +
+ nutrient info on 7,000+ common foods +