[gameprogrammer] Re: Survey!!!!

  • From: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:44:08 -0500

On 9/27/05, Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The licensing issue is pretty serious. Most games require you to
> purchase one copy per PC. If you have 50 PCs, you need 50 copies. At
> $50/copy that is $2500/game. If you want to have more than just a few
> hot titles you are looking at $25,000 to $50,000 for an initial
> investment in software. Then, you need to get copies of each new game
> while it is still hot. So, you are looking at something like
> $5,000/month to buy new titles.

That is where FreeCiv comes in. :)

I wonder is a place where you could hang out and play old games on old
computers with your friends might work out better as a business? Maybe
have free computers and LAN/Internet and have it as the inducment to a
really good snack bar/sandwich/coffee place?

Sort of like the way Schlotsky's does this locally, but with more
emphasis on the computers and gaming. I know the computers are always
full at Schlotskys even on off hours.

Chris

--
E-Mail: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>