[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Report - 7/27/2008

  • From: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:01:46 -0400

I turned off acpi in vasm, added the following to lilo.conf, ran lilo and
rebooted. However, there is no improvement.

  append = "acpi = off apm = on"

I suspect compiling in a better dsdt table might get the fan going -- it
seems to have worked for others. I won't have time to look at BIOS options
or the kernel config file (if there is one) until Tuesday at the warehouse.

From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>