[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Report - 7/27/2008

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:41:56 -0400

Tom Brown wrote:
:: Laptop Down

The Compaq Evo N600 laptop...
Something bothers me about the two laptops I've tested. The fans never come on. Both laptops have P3 1.2 GHz processors and should require fan cooling. I thought ACPI might be defective in VL so I turned it off and turned on APM. The fan still doesn't spin up. Hmm...
They above has the worlds crappiest ACPI / APM support - as in virtually non existent from what I have read... Don't feel bas, it hasn't worked over here yet either.

  Goose