[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Report - 7/27/2008

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:51:41 -0400

Tom Brown wrote:
I turned off acpi in vasm, added the following to lilo.conf, ran lilo and
rebooted. However, there is no improvement.

  append = "acpi = off apm = on"

I suspect compiling in a better dsdt table might get the fan going -- it
seems to have worked for others. I won't have time to look at BIOS options
or the kernel config file (if there is one) until Tuesday at the warehouse.

Tom
Doesn't seem to have any effect on a CentOS 5 laptop... Running sensors-detect had no effect either. I rechecked the BIOS, I saw no options regarding ACPI/ APM. The only option I saw was "fan always on when AC connected?".

Look at the bright side, we can always throw it in a refrigerator and access it remotely! <grin>

  Richard

/ Any ideas for keeping a computer cool. My AC is out (relative) and the repair guy is on vacation this week. Were looking at 90's over the weekend. // AC WORKS but it's an either ALL or NONE situation. Thermostat stuck ON (good) but will not cut off compressor (Bad)
/// Sooo.... I swelter or sit in a 50 degree apartment :) Any ideas? <grin>
//// Looking good to be there Thursday