[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Report - 7/27/2008

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:04:46 -0400

Tom Brown wrote:
I turned off acpi in vasm, added the following to lilo.conf, ran lilo and
rebooted. However, there is no improvement.

  append = "acpi = off apm = on"

I suspect compiling in a better dsdt table might get the fan going -- it
seems to have worked for others. I won't have time to look at BIOS options
or the kernel config file (if there is one) until Tuesday at the warehouse.

Tom
I would say don't bother as I looked at the BIOS and didn't see anything in regards to ACPI or power management but then again, you have been scoring the gold star this week in the cyber sleuth dept so have at it! I'll look again just to be sure and I'll try your suggestion as well. Maybe in that config CentOS 5 might have better luck.

  Goose