Re: [foxboro] "protect name .PARM" DM/FV command

  • From: "Landry, Dwayne" <rdlandry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 08:33:26 -0500

Although not highly polished, ( push a button and walk away ) I created a VB
app that sets the protection classes for all of our FV detail displays. The
basic steps that it does is a convert the files to a .g, reads each line in the
file looking for a specific string match. Part of the string will contain the
variable you want to protect and alevel=0. The variables found in the string
are compared to a protection class definition file that we created which
contains all the settable parameters and our desired protection level. The app
modifies the .g file then converts them back to an FDF file. The whole process
from getting an entirely new set of DD files takes a couple of hours to
complete. You can then propagate these new DD files. I'm sure the same
application could be used on Faceplates.
Dwayne Landry
PPG Industries Inc.