Re: [foxboro] V8 Letterbug Configurator

  • From: David Johnson <drjohn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:46:50 -0500

Terry,

While I am still quite wealthy, recent events in the market have
taken my net worth from incalculable to merely astronomical.  And
although not quite as tech savvy as my advisor on all things tech Mr.
Milum, I liked letterbugs.  I thought that having letterbugs and slot
/ rack independence was better than PLC style I/O addressing.  I also
have loaded the HPS configurator (what does HPS stand for anyway)
into a windows mobile Samsung phone where it fails completely.  So
there you go.  COTS is fine as long as you don't need to use it for
more than a few years.  Open any techies desk drawer and look at all
of the debris:  Imation superdisks, 8", 5.25" 3.5" floppies,
unsupported flash memory cards (various flavors), thick wire
ethernet, thin wire ethernet, fiber connectors.  And almost all of it
came and went since the I/A system came about 21 years ago.  In the
future I/A will stand for Iphone / Applications and the whole plant
will run on those.  I was gonna get an Iphone, but those things are expensive.

Regards,
David