Re: [foxboro] P2P links locked

  • From: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 15:30:13 +0200

Hi Kevin,
No, unfortunately the point looked ok. At first glance we thought
everything was ok, until we noticed the input in the target block did not
respond to the output of the source. We ran DBVU on both CP's involved and
found no unresolved or missing links or any other errors. When The
Invensys engineer ran an Rsom - opdb he noticed the compound:block link
reference was missing in the source CP list, with an error on the last
line of the oprv list, probably representing the bad link.

Rgds,

Dirk

Kevin Fitzgerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
06/09/2010 14:51
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] P2P links locked

Dirk,
did the point show bad, deleted or out of service in the station block?
I run a script every day that checkpoints all control stations and then
uses
dbvu on the checkpoint files to find bad p2p links.  It emails me the
results.
Kevin

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 8:37 PM, <dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi list,
> Lately we experienced some problems with P2P links where the target in
one
> peer is not responding anymore to changes on the source in the other
peer.
> (CP270 on 8.4.2)
> ie
> Source CP6001: VACUUM_R:R1_V_062PVO.OUT ---> target CP6003 VACUUM:
> LOCK_VACP2.RI0001 (value did not change)
> and
> CP6001:R04:P_MODULE_NEW.BO0005 --> CP6003 VACUUM:VACUUM_ASK.BI04 ( BI04
> remained true, when it was actually false in the source)
>
> We tried everything to get these links "unlocked" except an initialize
all
> (delete & undelete + checkpointing, deleting both blocks and rebuilding
> them + checkpointing , reading the source tag in other block in
> CP6003....) nothing worked
>
> Because i couldn't do an initialize all, which solves the problem
> according to Invensys, I changed the seq to use another Boolean out
> (BO0011 in stead of BO0005) and used the MEAS in stead of OUT for the
Aout