Re: [foxboro] Moving forward from Rbatch

  • From: "Joe Schipani" <JSchipani@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:08:32 -0600

Hey Nick,

I must admit I'm a few years out of the loop, having left Foxboro in
2008, but I was there during the uproarious days after Solaris EOL was
announced.  Terry Deo was one of the leading customers advocating for a
solution and we created a team (including Daren) to work with him.  I
cannot speak to the roadmap anymore or what they are building into
InBatch today, but I know Terry would be one of the customers with the
most knowledge of your options and the pros and cons of each since he
helped us to build it.

It's a bit hard for me to answer your question directly without knowing
how much you change the recipes that you presently use and how much you
would anticipate doing so in the future.  It'd also be valuable to
understand how you are viewing them in operations, since I personally
liked the interface of InBatch and would lean toward native
applications.  That's just me though, a guy who never spent much time on
RBatch, and is a fan of those sexy Wonderware screens.

Best regards,

Joe Schipani
Business Unit Manager
16055 Space Center Blvd.