Re: [foxboro] AIM*Historian connection on Windows

  • From: Ales Vaupotic <ales.vaupotic@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:40:34 +0100

Hi, Marc-Andre!

Loiselle, Marc-Andre wrote:

>There is a good example of usage of the AIM* ODBC driver with Visual Basic
>and the DAO library (that works) in AIM*DataLink User's Guide (B0193YJ rev
>B), section 10. As mentioned previously, the "Events" database should be
>used to get alarms.
>
>There is an example of VB program using the AIM* OLEDB provider on the
>AIM*3.2 CD in the directory win\ExamplePrograms\ADODB.
>
>Good luck

As you said, yes, good luck. I can mail you a few screenshots of ADODB
example showing that OLEDB provider is quite buggy. The same errors
happen from within VB or VC or ASP.

Better still, I'll upload the shots to my web server and you can look at
them there. Here is the location: http://amidoo.no-ip.com:8080/adodb.html.

Regards,
Ales.

PS: I'll try again with the example you are proposing but I think I have
already tried that way and also ended in errors. I'll let you know.