Re: [foxboro] AIM*Historian connection on Windows

  • From: Yolanda Dickerson <Yolanda_Dickerson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 07:01:15 -0500

To the list

One quick Question
Do you have to turn off the Instance or the Collector for that historian
before checking the "Logging Msgs" field of the message Names (such as
ALARMMESG, OPRACTION, and SYSMONMSG). And then Setting the
field to "Yes" will make these event messages available to ODBC access.

Thanks Yo

Yo Dickerson
DCS Technician
Phone: (409) 723-3518
Pager: (409) 726-4281
Email: yolanda_dickerson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

             "Pan, Jim"
             <Jim.Pan@Foxboro.
             Sent by:                  "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
             foxboro-bounce@fr         <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             eelists.org                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/03/2004 10:41          Re: [foxboro] AIM*Historian
             PM                        connection on Windows

             Please respond to
             foxboro@freelists
                   .org

I never used AIM*API function calls, but I did use AIM*ODBC for other
applications to query event messages from AIM*Historian.

The first thing I would do is to check the "Logging Msgs" field of the
message Names (such as ALARMMESG, OPRACTION, and SYSMONMSG). Setting the
field to "Yes" will make these event messages available to ODBC access.

The next I would do is to test the ODBC connection with MS Access. You need
to define a new DSN to access the "Event Messages" database, not the
"Message" database. Make a linked table from Access to AIM*Historian using
this "Event Messages" ODBC connection and see if you can get any event
messages from Access Query.

Jim Pan
Lifetime Learning Center
Houston