Re: [foxboro] A host of questions for the professors

  • From: "Ken Heywood" <kheywood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 08:30:43 -0400

On question 4 - When we were first introduced to I/A (aka New System),
my impression was "what a cheap piece of **** - why not just use a
configurator? You mean this thing is patented?" A few months later I got
to build a system, and more aggravation; most notably not having the
right letter because I forgot to order it. Then FBMs wouldn't work;
"what do you mean I can put X-modules upside down with letterbugs right
side up, but upside down FBMs must have upside down letterbugs?" But
then a few years later, micro I/A came out. Ah, there's a letterbug
configurator. It's about time; until I tried to figure out which one of
five hanging on the wall needed to be replaced. Dymo label makers were
suddenly standard issue. It was then I realized why I really loved
letterbugs and didn't really know it. "You don't know what you got 'til
it's gone. Pave paradise, put up a parking lot."

Best Regards,
Ken Heywood
Process Control Services, Inc.