RE: Unable to connect to exchange server

  • From: <exchlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:40:38 +1000

I have seen this problem and not until I read the message several times,
did I realise that it was referring to "another" Exchange server. I had
upgraded a clients machine, used the WinXP import facility and connected
to their current Exchange Server. In times of high traffic, I saw this
message for 5-10 seconds. Only after trying to really see what was
happening, did I read the error properly!

Is this the process that you followed?

BTW two new knowledgebase articles on fixing issues between Server2000
SP3 & WinXP Pro SP1 - 811492 & 810907.

These and other articles may help shed some light on the issue that you
are seeing! KB 329170, 329170, 331519   Also refer to
http://www.smallbizserver.net <http://www.smallbizserver.net/>   and
<http://www.winxpnews.com/?id=62> http://www.winxpnews.com/

Other threads from http://www.MSExchange.org/

Sometimes recreating the user profile on Outlook has solved this problem
for me.

Did you try create a new Outlook profile?  From what I know last time in
old OL97,

all folders info are cache onto registry.  Create a new profile will
start everything

fresh in the registry, that is my understanding.

 We just migrated from Ex55 to 2k last month, some OL still point to old
servers,

by creating a new profile this problem is solved.

Check your network. Requesting data from the server usually point to
network problem.