RE: Mailbox Sizes

  • From: <Paul_Lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:50:54 -0000

Hi Lloyd

I hope you don't object to me stating the obvious. I think this may be worth
stating to those that subscribe to this argument. Personally I would agree but
for one problem. Disk space is only as good as your ability to back it up and
big backup devices are not cheap. A basic Ultrium 3 tape drive costs about
$5000 and thats without any tapes etc etc. In addition of course as more space
is used the probability of data corruption or loss increases. Simple logic
dictates that the more Bytes you have the more chance there is of one getting
corrupted.

Hope that helps?

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.