RE: Mailbox Sizes

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:08:14 -0500

Hi Lloyd,
The best practice always is to keep the server mailbox size to a
manageable size, around 100MB to 200MB, and educate the users to start
using PST file to archive emails for future reference. We have had
experiences when you increase the mailbox sizes for users, they will
always come back for more after few months. So, housekeeping is the most
important lesson for the end users. Ideally, you have to multiply the
number of mailboxes by the maximum mailbox size allowed. This number
should not exceed more than 75 - 80% of your total drive size where the
Information store is located. If your Information store is larger than
16GB, you need to upgrade to Enterprise Edition. However, there is no
straight upgrade from Standard to Enterprise. You have to start from
scratch. Preferably by using swing upgrade server.