[ewiki] Re: CSS page content classes

  • From: Mario Salzer <mario@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 00:02:24 +0200

> So .text-wiki would include everything in .wiki before the aview
> sections?  When would this be more useful than the existing
> .wiki.action.WikiPage div?  I have no objection, but I'm not sure why it
> is useful.  Also, there is no consistant .aview-plugins class, each
> plugin implements it's own div or none, perhaps that should be cleaned
> up.

I think Randys suggestions of ".wiki-page" (instead of ".text-wiki")
sounds better. I would like to introduce this, because right now the
headline and the real text content are separated. If you wanted to
draw them into a box you needed to use some weird border-bottom: +
border-top: workaround to visually "melt" them again. Hence my idea
of packing both into yet another container.

.wiki.action.WikiPage
   .wiki-page
       .text-head
       .text-body
   .wiki-plugins
       .control-links
       .subpages

As for packaging all aview-plugins into another container I see no
reason not to do so likewise, it won't break anything but add more
flexibility again.
I'm only unsure about the name - surely ".aview-plugins" was descriptive
if one knew about the ewiki internal plugin naming scheme, but as Randy
said, the CSS names should be more descriptive. (This is also why
the class names always start with "wiki" and not "ewiki" as in our
codebase).

We should also vote on this - ".text-footer" or ".wiki-plugins"
or something else?

mario