[ewiki] Re: Anyone running ewiki with mod-rewrite?

  • From: Mario Salzer <mario@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:11:26 +0200

> > So, from above - $content is what is generated and output to
> > "Ewiki_Page()"?  I'm wondering if it would be possible (as in
> > simply done) to pass that through the filers that are behind
>
> $content being the rendered material from $data["content"] or the
> content field in the database.
>
> > the scenes in WordPress?  (I'm thinking out loud...)
> > Everything in WordPress gets passed through a set of filters
> > which does things like cleans up markup, checks for acronym
> > tags, etc.  It would be ideal for the ewiki content to also
> > be passed through those to maintain as tight as integration
> > between the two as possible.
> > [...]
> Try a "page_final" plugin as a start.

From what I have seen in WordPress, there is a lot of potential
of merging it more tightly with ewiki. Especially some of the
filters from "wp-includes/functions-formatting.php" could easily
be leveraged from the ewiki rendering kernel. As Andy said,
making a $ewiki_plugins["page_final"] (or just "view_final") glue
plugin was rather easy.
But you could simply pass all output of 'ewiki_page()' through
WPs 'apply_filters()'.

  Suddenly 'ewiki_page()' is the only "API" that ewiki provides for
  integration, it satisfies most needs; but you cannot easily have
  one or the other feature, because the 'ewiki_page()' code works as
  dispatcher between view/ and edit/ requests.

  However most of the code that we often call "aview"-plugins can
  be ripped out or be called separately. That is you could put the
  backlinks or subpages in your WPs page template right sidebar.
  Also have a look at fragments/blocks/ for other stuff (not much
  as of yet).

Appearantly there is more interesting stuff in WP, only sad that it's
all GPL. However glue code can be written, I'd say plugins/external/,
lib/glue/ or parentcms/ would be nice for this.