[ewiki] Re: Anyone running ewiki with mod-rewrite?

  • From: Mario Salzer <mario@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 03:48:12 +0200

> I've tried suggestions from Mario regarding how to implement a cruft-free
> URI scheme using mod-rewrite without success.  I am somewhat familiar with
> this practice and have it running on several weblogs and other sites.
>
> Can anyone provide the "htaccess" and the "Ewiki_Script" setting you are
> using?

In your case, you should rename the directory containing all ewiki files
into "ewiki" again, so you can make "/wiki/" a fully virtual one. The
settings for mod_rewrite (put in DOC_ROOTs .htaccess) would then look
like:

   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule  ^wiki/(.+)$  ewiki/index.php?id=$1  [QSA,L]
   RewriteRule  ^wiki$       wiki/                  [R]

And in index.php you'd could go with following:

   define("EWIKI_SCRIPT", "/wiki/");
   define("EWIKI_SCRIPT_URL", "http://blog.openartifact.org/wiki/";);
   define("EWIKI_SCRIPT_BINARY", "/ewiki/index.php?binary=");

Note the difference between _SCRIPT and _SCRIPT_BINARY (if you need it
at all?!).

If you make the /wiki/ directory fully virtual, you won't run browsers
into problems with accessing files from /ewiki/fragments/ - therefore
you don't need a RewriteCond here.

Btw, everybody else could get "less ugly" URLs by defining EWIKI_SCRIPT
to just "?" - the id= has always been optional.

mario

PS: we need more SetupExamples, don't we?