[ewiki] Re: Anyone running ewiki with mod-rewrite?

  • From: Mario Salzer <mario@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:43:08 +0200

> There seems to be quite a lot of style 'class' labels already included in
> ewiki.  What would help is to get a better idea of the basic hierarchy of
> the ewiki document.  What I see so far is this:
>
> wiki
> -- page
> ---- text-body
> ------ wikipage (url)
> ---- action-links
> ---- subpages
>
> [...]
> Am I looking at this correctly?

Almost. That's how it looks:

-- div.wiki.action.PageName
----- h2.page.title  (only a single tag, eventually we'd rename this to
.page-title)
----- div.text-body  (real page content)
----- div.action-links.control-links   ("control-links" is an alias)
----- div.subpages   (or any other aview-plugins)

An encouloured sample .html file in fragments/css/ would sure help clearify
this. The "fragments/css/core.css" once was meant to explain it, suddenly it
isn't up to date, plugins developed faster.

> Of course there are other class(es) inside the text-byd, such as 'url',
> 'nofound', etc.

Often these are only for links. If you create InterWiki links, you'll get
"a.MeatBall.interwiki" or something, otherwise "a.wiki" or
"a.foreignservername.http.url".

Great care has been taken to make class= attributes really descriptive,
hence you'll often see multiple class names in it (most interesting
and powerful still being the ".wiki.action.PageName"). This is also to
not interfer with existing sites` stylesheets too much (so "h2.page.title"
is not so well-thought).

I personally favour class= instead of id= tokens, because they're safer
in that they wouldn't accidently render html pages invalid if a ewiki id=
accidently matched an already used one. Also class= looks more powerful
and easy to use in style sheets.

mario