[elky] Re: update

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:20:12 -0600

         I just ran a couple on mine... I also ran this one from century
link which is probably not the same one you run and would show different
results since my ISP is charter..http://spdtst-dlls.tx.centurylink.net/

             All the ones I ran were showing with in .5mbs of each other
all right around 15mbs. The only one that was different was internetfrog
which read way lower than all the others. We are paying for 10mbs and we
used to get 20+ but they have started to throttle downloads now. Used to be
no matter what plan you got download was the same they only throttled
uploads. 15mbs is fine running 3 computers using the net and playing online
games and voice clients and running netflix on the tv at the same time.
Used to know a guy that worked for charter   ;) and some net slow downs
were caused by the filters at the box used to cut out some channels and if
you had a prob they would remove them fixing your net prob and giving you a
few free channels. Allot is still done with filters instead of decoding
cause decoding is easy to hack without them knowing but removing a filter
they know..

          Luckily we have had no probs with Charter customer support. They
have always fixed billing errors immediately without a fight.

             Robert Adams