[elky] Re: Transmission dipstick question

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 13:23:47 -0600

The TH700 filter does that.  I just bought a new one, along with 2 gallons of ATF.  When I get back from picking up the new seats that I scored for the Camaro for $10 (and a race seat with 5-point harness for $85) I'll put the tranny back together and see if a miracle happens.

On 5/12/2012 7:02 AM, STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx wrote:
with the lowered pan did you lower the filter pickup tube to access the extra oil area?

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 5/12/2012 8:41:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, johncgg@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I've never been really sure about the reading on that stick and at one point, I had to add ATF cuz it just wouldn't move.  Obviously, it was low.  But looking at this and combining the fact that the ATF and the bottom of the pan looked fine (no broken parts, no burned smell) I'm just wondering if the problem is just low ATF level.