[duxuser] Re: styles, styles and more s

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 19:37:59 +0100

Hi Jo,

I don't know just how varied Word 2007 is across the globe, but I can
assure you that I do have a "Normal" Style in my version of Word 2007.

Both "Normal" and "Body Text" Word Styles import into DBT as "para."

However, as someone recently said, "Office 2007 defines a new meaning
for the word 'support' not yet in the Thesaurus", and they sure ain't
wrong there.

For example, in Word 2003 and earlier, Heading Styles were "Paragraph"
Styles.  It now appears that in Word 2007 these are Character Styles.
In other words for example, you can have say the first three words of
a paragraph denoted as a Heading 1, and the rest Normal.

I've yet to get my head round that one, but will be discussing it with
Duxbury's development guys.