[duxuser] Re: request for opinions

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:01:58 -0600 (CST)

And again, rules for tables state that if the dollar sign is in a column heading, that dollar sign should be inserted and repeated. A lot of people who prefer anarchy braille to structured braille might do well to study the rules and realize that many of the things they currently complain about are accounted for.

Bruce

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Betsy Whitney wrote:

One other comment about the dollar symbol. Many times we've seen menus in print that have one dollar symbol at the top of the column where the prices are. Having that one dollar symbol at the top looks really strange and it is obvious that the symbol is meant to show dollars in all of the items below it. So that's why we put it in.
Betsy