[duxuser] Re: request for opinions

  • From: Betsy Whitney <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:07:20 -1000

Ann,
My customers get cranky when we don't use the dollar sign because often there are other numbers in the menu besides the price. We generally put the price following leader dots to make it easy to find.

As for w/ for with, it seems to me that unless the w has a letter sign in front of it, it reads will/

I'm sure I'll get lots of noise about this opinion, but as a braille reader, I still see w/ as will/
At 06:38 AM 2/25/2009, you wrote:

I'm translating some restaurant menus and I am running across some
formatting issues that I would like to run by any of you interested in
responding. Some menus show prices without dollar signs. Would you leave
them that way or add the Braille dollar sign?
The word wish is written w/, which now takes up three cells. Would you
replace those with the contraction for with?

ANN FOXWORTH, BRAILLE CONSULTANT
MAIL CODE: 6804
DARS DIVISION FOR BLIND SERVICES
CRISS COLE REHABILITATION CENTER