[dokuwiki] Re: Proposal: theme colour control

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 21:20:48 +0000

Anika Henke wrote:

Yes. I totally agree.
But define "too large", please.
I would say: Simple styles need at least 10 different patterns, more complicated ones could work well with up to 25 ...

Anika
Sounds like we all(four) agree then.

Names should change to be more functional and some more names. For Matthias' point about plugin styling, I'd add it would be useful to define some colours in style.ini to cater for special case colours used by the standard plugins. This isn't because they occur many times, but more because tracking down the style source is a non-trivial task for anyone who doesn't know dokuwiki well, so would match the "make things simple and easy" rule - and hopefully would mean that no default plugin needs to use a colour with a colour code defined in its styles.css file.

For Matthias' other point about the changing of Dokuwiki's ids and classes. Am I right in thinking mostly that was connected with adding styles.ini and giving Dokuwiki XHTML1.0 strict compliance. Now that is complete, and once these styles.ini name changes go through, these parts of dokuwiki should be more stable or do you have further plans? :-)

Cheers,

Chris

PS. Should styles.ini keep the old style names and colours for backwards compatibility?
Which I think implies, rules in styles.ini should be processed in strict reverse order as that would allow multi-level style substitutions and the file to readable in an order people would expect.