[dokuwiki] Re: Proposal: theme colour control

  • From: Anika Henke <a.c.henke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:53:43 +0100

Hallo again!

Matthias Grimm wrote:
during the last days I adapted my theme to the new release and found
that the color control via style.ini reaches not very far. In the past
I changed design.css and layout.css to match my needs but this produces
extra work with every new release of dokuwiki.

Furthermore the definition of a color like this: __lightgray__="#f5f5f5"
makes not much sense to me.

Easier for the theme editor to understand would be to name the patterns
according there function. For instance __link_external__ for an external
link or __tab_border__ for the table border. This could look like this:

You are absolutely right about this! But I can tell you what Andi will answer (because I asked him the same thing right after the css dispatcher was out): "That's what templates are for ..." :-(

So, I for one, did the only reasonable thing to *my* template: I used variables such as __text_1__, __text_headline__, __link_normal__, __link_existent__, __background_3__, __border_2__ and such.

2. All my recent patches to CSS files were filtered by Anika. Is she the one and only to change dokuwikis CSS? I have to be sure here before I start this time consuming task. This work should be done only once. ;-)

Sorry about that! :-) It must be coincidence.
But nevertheless I would wait on Andi's reply before beginning, because ... see above ...

In this context I have another question: How are plugins themeable? In
case of the user manager I tried to change the CSS for the disabled
button, but the default css file seems to be priviledged.

I think, plugins *must not* be themeable!
Because changing a template would very often lead to invalid css.

Or did you mean something else (other than putting __vars__ into their css by default) by "themeable"?

(Your problem with the disabled button could be originated from the "!important" in the usermanager style.css ...)