[dokuwiki] Re: Dokuwiki as electronic Labnotebook

  • From: Håkan Sandell <sandell.hakan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 20:56:27 +0100

Hi Michael

Even though DokuWiki is great in many aspects, it could not be used as
an electronic lab notebook at present. This is only some reasons

- It is easy to add/change/delete information without leaving traces
- There has not been any audit of the code and there is no formal
"process" to ensure integrity of the code as required by ISO 17025

There are commercial programs available but pen and paper books are
cheaper (but not search-able). If we would implement a version
handling system backend, for example git, the first problem is solved.
But I find it hard to believe that an open source organization could
handle formal audits and the other process related issues required.

Keep on using DokuWiki everywhere (but not as an ELN)

/Håkan