[dokuwiki] Re: Dokuwiki as electronic Labnotebook

  • From: Michael Kirchner <michael.kirchner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:54:38 +0100

Hi,

Am 25.03.2011 14:14, schrieb Izidor Matušov:
> I think there is no secure way how to manage data stored on a disk or in
> a database because the design of OS.

Surprising, isn't it? But beyond the scope of our subject.

There are also different meanings of security. Secure against loss is
certainly advisable (backup). Secure against tampering by others often
difficult (access control). Secure against tampering by myself is less
often thought of, though in RL we do spend quite a lot of money on this
(notarisation).

I was thinking rather in terms of the later.

> P.S: I think it is paranoid to not believe system admins at your
> university. My experience is that admins have more important things to
> do and they won't change your data.

Basically I agree, but you did not read enough bofh for your own good.

Regards,
Michael