[delphizip] Re: error when reading a zip file in another PC

  • From: "Edwin" <mindvisualizer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:33:36 +0800

Do you mean call GetShortPathName before setting the value of the ZipFileName
property? The path name and file name that the user reported did not exceed the
max. 255 characters.
BTW, since I use WideString as much as I can in the program, the path name is
converted from WideString to string before assigning to the property
TZipMaster.ZipFileName, using the routines in the TNT Controls package, I'm not
sure is there error in the conversion....

Best Regards,
Edwin
http://www.innovationgear.com
MindVisualizer -- Productive Visual Mind Mapping Software
2007-07-11

Sender£º James Turner
Sent£º 2007-07-09 19:16:49
Recipient£º delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC£º
Subject£º [delphizip] Re: error when reading a zip file in another PC

It's just a guess, but perhaps using the short filename would help.

This can be found using the API function GetShortPathName. On some
versions of Windows, it can be found from the property sheet.

-- James Turner