[delphizip] Re: error when reading a zip file in another PC

  • From: "Edwin" <mindvisualizer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:57:05 +0800

Hi Russell Peters,
According to the further study, I think you are right, it most likely that the
problem is some characters in the path cannot be converted, i.e. some
traiditional chinese cannot be converted into simplified Chinese.......

What u can think I can solve the prolbem? How great the ZipMaster supports
unicode...

Best Regards,
Edwin
http://www.innovationgear.com
MindVisualizer -- Productive Visual Mind Mapping Software
2007-07-24

Sender£º RPeters
Sent£º 2007-07-11 19:14:21
Recipient£º delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC£º
Subject£º [delphizip] Re: error when reading a zip file in another PC

The big problem may be what it does with characters that will not (or
cannot) convert - often these result in an invalid character as far as =
paths
or filenames are concerned.

A reasonably easy test is to call FindFirst and check the Windows error
(probably bad filespec - I cannot recall the exact error codes at the
moment).

- Russell Peters
PC
>=20
> Using the short filename **might** work since it probably has only
> ascii
> characters (never checked this).
>=20
> Are you using standard Delphi conversions or working with
> MultibyteToWideChar and WideCharToMultibyte directly?
>=20
> If you use the style ES_OEMCONVERT in any editboxes, this might
> generate
> a conversion problem (never studied this).
>=20
> -- James Turner
>=20
> Edwin wrote:
>  > Do you mean call GetShortPathName before setting the value of the
> ZipFileName property? The path name and file name that the user
> reported did not exceed the max. 255 characters.
>  > BTW, since I use WideString as much as I can in the program, the =
path
> name is converted from WideString to string before assigning to the
> property TZipMaster.ZipFileName, using the routines in the TNT =
Controls