[delphizip] Re: ZipBuilder with Windows 7

  • From: James Turner <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 00:57:31 +0000

Including a program manifest is not really an option from Vista onwards,
it is absolutely essential.

Paste the following into Notepad and save as "generic_vista.manifest"
If necessary, pad with spaces to ensure that the file length is a
multiple of four bytes (to avoid bugs).

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity
 version="1.0.0.0"
 processorArchitecture="X86"
 name="generic"
 type="win32"/>
<description>generic</description>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity
 type="win32"
 name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
 version="6.0.0.0"
 processorArchitecture="X86"
 publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
 language="*"/>
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>

<trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
<security>
<requestedPrivileges>
<requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker"  uiAccess="false"/>
</requestedPrivileges>
</security>
</trustInfo>

</assembly>

Paste the following into Notepad and save as "manifest_generic_vista.rc"

// Resource file to
// 1) disable file/registry virtualization from Vista onwards and
// 2) enable visual styles from XP onwards
// NOTE: The manifest file must be a multiple of 4 bytes long e.g. 600
not 597 bytes

LANGUAGE LANG_NEUTRAL, SUBLANG_NEUTRAL

#define CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID   1
#define CONTROL_PANEL_RESOURCE_ID          123
#define RT_MANIFEST                         24

CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID RT_MANIFEST "generic_vista.manifest"

Now compile this using the Borland resource compiler BRCC32.exe or any
other resource compiler.

Finally link into your program (in Delphi using the {$L } compiler
directive).

If you wish the program to always run with admin privileges, change
level="asInvoker" to level="requireAdministrator"

---- James Turner