[delphizip] Re: ZipBuilder with Windows 7

  • From: RPeters <rpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 09:10:57 +1100

On 8/12/2009 8:25 AM, Don wrote:
> I have a backup program that I wrote using ZipBuilder 1.79.10.24.  With
> XP&  Vista it will extract the files to the same directory as the zip
> file.  But with Windows 7, it writes the files to the virtualstore
> directory.  Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
> Don

If it is saving into the virtual store it means you are trying to save
it in a protected location without correct permission - this is not a
good idea and, as you have noticed, is actively discouraged.
To be able to save where you (mistakenly) desire you will need to run
your application as administrator.

This is similar to Vista but Windows 7 applies the rules more rigidly
which keeps things safer.
Russell Peters