[delphizip] Offtopic - Languages

  • From: James Turner <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 9:48:09 +0000

I'm currently working on a lightweight application framework for Delphi. I plan
to include tools for creating multilingual programs - my question is this.

Keyboard accelerators are usually described in menus something like this :-
Save Ctrl+ S
Exit Alt+ X
Widget Ctrl+Shift+ W

Do I need to allow for translation of these descriptions or are the prefixes
Ctrl,Alt and Shift used in all languages?

Also, do I need to allow for the accelerator chars (S,X,W above) to be
different in other languages?

Thanks,

James Turner