[ddots-l] Re: back to basics simple template on sonar start up.

  • From: "Mark Dew" <jmkeybd1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:22:30 -0500

Steve, here is how I setup eight audio tracks which is my Sonar 8.5 startup.
Sonar starts with a tempalate file called normal.
There are several AAA tempalate files you can pick from.
This is on a xp machine, so I don't know if this works for other operating
systems.
Run my computer.
Open up your c drive.
Find Documents and Settings and open it up.
Look for the folder usually the name of the owner of the computer.
In my case, the folder name is Mark dew.
Open this folder.
Now look for the folder My Documents and open it up.
Next find the folder Cakewalk and open it up.
Then open the folder SONAR 8.5.
Next, open the folder Sample Content.
Here is where the tempalate files are located.
Press the letter n until Jaws says normal tempalate.
Rename this file normal.old
Now press the letter a until Jaws says AAA eight audio tracks.
Rename this file normal.
Next time Sonar is started 8 audio tracks will be loaded.
There might be a better way, however this is how I do it.
Hope this helps.

Mark
My WEBSITE
http://www.markdew.com