[ddots-l] Re: What's this called, and where do I find it?

  • From: "Kylee Maloney" <kylee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 02:15:16 +1200

Hi, Jim, John and Phil

Thanks for your responses.

Yes, I'm using Eloquence on my MAudio, as the Sound card on my PC's mother
board was disabled.  Not sure how to get that rectified or whether I should
just get a cheap SB or something for Jaws.

But the mixer idea for listening to both sound cards from one source as
expounded in the CT documentation sounds like a great idea.  Now to find one
with enough outs and ins.

BTW, work has given me a Creative Labs Extigy.  Will that do?  I don't
suppose I'll be recording much at work, (we work in an open plan environment
and only do post production in the studio).  But I have Sonar for its
multi-tracking so that I can do more of that side of things myself, being as
Sadie is only useable by Jaws in a hack sort of way.

Of course, it would be great to have a whole setup dedicated to audio, and
that may eventually be possible here at home, but not at all where I'm
working. IT was hard enough to get the basics, even if much of the
peripheral software was bought by the government.

Just some thoughts on which I'd appreciate any comment.

Cheers

Kylee