[ddots-l] Re: What's this called, and where do I find it?

  • From: "Chi Kim" <ms22282@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 00:25:40 -0400

Latency? It can be fixed by change the latency buffer size of your sound card.
If you use asio, you change from your sound card pannel, and if you use wdm, you change from cakewalk audio setting.
If the buffer size is too small, there would be not much latency, but it might cause drop out or make lots of clicks.
In that case, you need to optimize your computer by changing settings and cleaning it up.
If none of the above works, you just need to get more ram and a better cpu.

Chi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sharon Hooley" <SHOOLEY2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>